My morning usually consists of frantically waking up with just enough time to shower, dress, get ready for work, and dash out the door to get to work on time. If I’m lucky that morning, I’ll be able to dash out the door with a cereal bar or some kind of to-go breakfast that I can hold in my mouth as I make a beeline for my car.
A couple days ago, since I didn’t have to rush out the door in the morning, I decided to make some scrambled eggs and English muffin breakfast sandwich. I found the recipe from my newly favorite recipe blog Momofuku for 2.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- thinly sliced scallions
- 2 slices of English muffins (or any type of bread)
- Break the eggs into a cold saucepan and place on low-medium heat. Add butter and stir
- Stir constantly. As the eggs start to set a bit, remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring.
- Keep moving the eggs between the heat and off the heat until the eggs almost hold their shape.
- Toast the English muffins.
- When the eggs are done, season, stir in the scallion and top the English muffins with the scrambled eggs.
- Consume immediately.
Preparing the eggs
stir, stir, stir
It was great kicking my feet up and enjoying a delicious egg sandwich, while relaxing in the morning. Hope you enjoy it as well!