In the midst of ‘wedding season’ for me, I was in need of an easy, quick, and delicious recipe for my dinner swap. I had a tub of kim chee and did a quick search on FoodGawker for some inspiration, I already made kim chi jji-gae and bokkeumbap, so need something new. I was quickly inspired by this version of a kimchi pasta recipe.
Kimchi Noodles w/ Pork Belly [serves 6]
- pack of spaghetti noodles (about 16oz)
- 1lb pork belly, cut into 1/2in thick slices
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 4 TBSP ssamjang
- 2 TBSP kimchi liquid
- 3 cups kimchi, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onions, green and white parts, chopped on the diagonal
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions and drain.
- Coat heated pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil and fry pork belly on medium high heat, until cooked. Remove and reserve on a plate
- Heat a wok on medium, or large frying pan, add remaining 3 Tbsp of olive oil, coat pan. Add 4 Tbsp ssamjang and 2 Tbsp kimchi liquid. Mix together to form a sauce. Toss in spaghetti noodles and 3 cups kimchi. Add a salt and pepper to taste. Stir fry together to combine everything. Remove from heat.