Today was going to be a busy day, so I browsed Real Simple during my lunch, for a quick and easy, but tasteful dinner. I found this Halibut with Tomato, Orange, Dill, recipe and used that as an inspiration for this delicious meal. It was ready within 30mins, for me, that’s good!
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 cup washed and chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to directions on package
- When rice is done, toss in cilantro and mix. Serve immediately.
Tomato Orange Chicken [Servings 4-6]
- 2lbs Chicken breasts, cut in 2.5inch pieces
- 1tsp cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- medium onions, thinly sliced
- green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 oranges, peeled, separated into segments, membrane removed
- 1-14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Toss cut chicken breast with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. Cook in pan, on medium high, for about 4-5 minutes, should be opaque and no longer pink. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add onions to pan, and cook, on medium-high, for about 3 mins. Add oranges, canned tomatoes, and green olives. Let it flavors come together on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken back into the sauce and cook for another 10-15 minutes, on medium heat.